Charleston Recap

A couple of weekends ago my mom and I ventured to Charleston. Since the beginning of Southern Charm, the Bravo series just recently ending its 5th season, I have longed to visit the Holy City. The trip was a nice mom-daughter get away before I headed back to school this past week and a great way to continue my 21st birthday celebration. This recap is long overdue and probably will not do the trip justice.


Upon arrival on Thursday, we had dinner at The Charleston Grill. It was fabulous! My mom and I decided to just order a bunch of smaller plates instead of splurging on large ones that we would probably not finish. We told the waiters that we here in Charleston to celebrate my birthday and they surprised us with glasses of dessert wine and this variety plate of sweets at the end of our meal. I thought it was so nice of them! 






(Isn't my mom so FAB!?)


Friday was spent exploring the city with lots of shopping!  I got lots of transitional pieces for the fall that I cannot wait to wear while we were out and about! I really enjoyed going to the market. We went on Thursday, but it was very overwhelming to say the least. But we went back on Friday and I found some souvenirs. I really want to get a hand weaved straw basket one day! We had lunch at Poogan's Porch surrounded by three different bachelorette parties. (They were e v e r y w h e r e!!!)






On Saturday, my mom and I went to Middleton Place, a well-known Charleston Plantation. I had read a lot of mixed reviews on visiting plantations when planning our vacay, but I had never seen one before and they were advertised quite a bit around the town. After some brief research Thursday night, we found that Middleton Place had the best reviews overall, not to mention they had a dining option! The food was great! It has been very rainy in Charleston according to the locals, which made for a very peaceful day on the plantation. The rain held off thankfully once we were there! The house in the picture above is actually one of the side houses of the property. The main house was burned  during the Civil War and ultimately collapsed during an earthquake in the 1880s and along with the other side house. The house that remains has been remodeled and restored on the inside to resemble what the main house would have looked like during its peak. Members of the Middleton Family donated many of their possessions to the property for tourists to see.


I thoroughly enjoyed our trip and was much needed if I do say so myself! I cannot wait to go back one day!

Bailey



1 comment

  1. Looks like a lot of fun and a beautiful place! I'm looking forward to visiting Charleston one day

    ReplyDelete