A Day in My LIfe

Happy October!

Okay sorry I have been so MIA. School has been going GREAT (knock on wood)! Recruitment was so much fun and kept me super busy which is what I needed. I really developed a routine with my schoolwork and recruitment practice schedule, but of course as soon as I got comfortable in that schedule, bid day rolled around! We seriously had the BEST bid day theme... HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL! Growing up those were my favorite movies and I was insanely obsessed and I will debate you on that if you disagree as I still I have my Barbie Sharpay and her convertible unopened!!!

After bid day, Hurricane Florence hit North Carolina and we were out of school for five days. There was no major damage done in Chapel Hill, thankfully! Because of where Florence was making landfall, I opted to not go home because they were calling for my town to flood and I figured it would be dumb to leave and head towards the storm. Instead, I went to my aunt's house that is two hours west of Chapel Hill. I had a fun time while I was there. I wish I had just been more present while I was there, but I was super on edge wondering when I could go back to school and I missed my boyfriend! 

Last week was our first full week of school this year which is crazy to think. I have finally gotten somewhat of a routine to share with you guys! 

The reason that there are two times for each event is to reflect my schedule. My Tuesday/Thursday times are first because my day begins earlier following my Monday/Wednesday/Friday schedule. 

Wake Up// Don't think I get up out of bed an hour before my classes start... This is just when my first alarms go off and I decide to catch up on my social media from the night before. I always check my emails in hopes of a class getting cancelled, but that has yet to happen to me. Sometimes I will shower if I get up early enough and have some remaining homework, I might shower since I have the time. 

Class// On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I only have one class in the mornings at 9:30 and on MWF I have one class at 10 then another at 11:15 until 12:05. Mondays definitely feel like such longer days, but I enjoy those two classes more than my morning TTH class.

Lunch// One thing Alpha Chi at UNC prides itself on is the food. I am not exaggerating, but it is one of my favorite things about my days. They are well balanced and delicious. We get home made cookies everyday for a dessert at lunch as well which I am a sucker for. It is just a nice break from our hectic days to chill for a bit and talk to our sisters. 

Class// It is always so hard for me to go to my last class of the day... especially on MWF when it is economics. I don't understand it and it does not really come easy to me. I should probably devote more time to the class, but it is one of those classes if you aren't interested then it is just not going to happen. 

Relax// Sorry this one is so random, but really every day varies. Some days I will nap, go on a Dunkin' run with my boyfriend, or watch Netflix. It can be hard sometimes to make myself do homework right after class. I have always done my homework after dinner... even when I was in elementary school and was supposed to do my homework at after school care, I would talk and hang out instead. I don't think my mom was a big fan of that, but old habits die hard! But let's be honest that window from 2-5:30 is a great time to dedicate to some self care! 5:30 is when we have dinner together at Alpha Chi. Afterwards, I will come back and force myself to sit down and crank out some reading for my classes and do assignments if need be. 

Happy October!

What does your fall semester look like?

Bailey

1 comment

  1. It sounds like a great schedule! I always had a packed TTH for some reason with my classes at UNC

    ReplyDelete