Last week, I was fortunate enough to attend a Champagne dinner at the Chef and the Farmer.  This is my hometown's claim to fame as it has had its own TV show on PBS and there will soon be a spin-off from the same show capturing food in the south.  This four course meal was different, yet phenomenal.  I have only recently begun to like wine and champagne, so this was going to be an adventure. I attended this dinner with my mom and my bf's step-mom which made for a fun girl's night out.


As soon as we walked in the door, we greeted with bags of popcorn. Duck-fat popcorn to be exact. This was paired with the champagne of beers, Miller High Life.  I am not a beer drinker at all, nor have I tried this beer before but the combo of the popcorn and the champagne glass (tbh) made it go down pretty easily. 


The first course was probably my favorite overall as I enjoyed both the rose champagne and the entree equally.  Rose champagne is always so fun to drink as it is pretty to look at! Pork Belly Skewers are always my weakness when I go to Chef. These did not disappoint in the slightest and it was topped with cotton candy! There were major carnival vibes at this event for an added flair!




Y'all, let me tell you... this was probably THE BEST ENTREE. I probably will not eat a crabcake ever again after having this lobster corn dog. It was topped with a champagne dijionaise and spicy tomato ketchup with chow chow on the side (also, DELICIOUS!)  It was lobster formed into a cake as a crab cake would be, but it was breaded in corn meal.  The southern hospitality came over me and I devoured the entire dish! This was my favorite regular champagne that we had as it was the right combination of sweet and dry.  (I'm no connoisseur when it comes to drinks, although I might be a self-acclaimed foodie)



I was most looking forward to trying this bucket-o-....quail.  I have never had anything other than chicken when it comes to poultry cuisines and I especially have not had it fried.  The quail were small, but they filled the basket up! There were probably about eight pieces per plate.  The three of us could have just split one plate, to be quite honest.  The breading had a honey glaze to it which really added to the flavor.  The ranch on the side was really good with the quail. We were also served french fries underneath the quail which were good... I mean its pretty hard to have a bad french fry.  The champagne with this entree was probably my least favorite as it was the most bitter one we had.  Of course, this was my mom and bf's step-mom's favorite because it was bitter. 



The fourth course was super adorable! The funnel cake was served with toffee apples and marscarpone ice cream topped with powdered sugar and it truly felt like I was at the fair.  The champagne was a blanc de blanc and it was very, very sweet.  I liked it the most out of group for that reason.  

This was such a fun night with great people! I hope I get to attend another themed dinner at the Chef and the Farmer again in the coming months!










No comments