What's Next?

Okay, I'm going to be honest... school is difficult... okay my classes really are not that bad. What makes it so bad for me is time managment. I have no clue how to do it. I get so overwhelmed and then procrastinate when my assisgnments aren't even that hard. 

I received my grade back for second of three tests back for the semester and I made a D+ making my average a D. I thought I just did bad on the first test because I wasn't sure what to expect, but that was not the case. I don't know how to take notes, organize my time, and study effectively anymore. This whole semester has been about transitioning. I was in all the pre-req classes to get into the journalism school because I thought it was something I wanted to do for the rest of my life.

What made me change my mind again?

For one, I love media too much. That sounds crazy, but I like to use Twitter and Instagram for fun. Not to say I wouldn't be over the moon if my blog didn't take off one day. But if I had stuck with this major and getting such a late start I felt like I would be in an entry level position for longer than anticipated if I even got a job right away. Plus, it can be a negative atmosphere... reporting on things going on is just depressing to me.

So what's my new major?

Well, I decided to go with management and society. I am sure you have never heard of it. This major is a business degree through the sociology department. Most people end up working in Human Resources positions aka lots of job security! My course load involves some psych, soc, and economic classes. I think it will be a good mix for me unlike the journalism school. 

Maybe I am just tired of my current classes, but I am looking forward to being in classes that will actually interest me hopefully and just motivate me more overall. I am also considering a minor in Urban and City Planning. I am taking one of the first classes for it next semester. I originally intended to be an education minor, but I was not accepted (still a little salty about). 

Here's my biggest problem... the thought of working from 9-5 everyday for the rest of my life SCARES me. People have done this for generations, but the routine scares me. I guess it's because I have not had a solid routine since high school. I don't know, this is just something that I think about a lot I feel pretty selfish writing it down for the world to see. They always say "find something you love and you'll never work a day in your life" and that is what I am trying to keep telling myself when the negative thoughts come my way.

Are you ready for next semester? Do the thoughts of committing to a job scare you?

Happy Monday!

Bailey

No comments