Parents' Weekend + Young Life Leader Placement




On Saturday, my family arrived in Chapel Hill for brunch at my sorority house made by our wonderful Chef Mark! French toast, cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit, and omelets galore!

After brunch, my mom, sister, and I headed to the outlets that are about fifteen minutes away. I just rediscovered these outlets last weekend and I don't know why I haven't been shopping there more. They have such great deals!

For dinner on Saturday, we continued our shopping filled day by heading to the mall for more shopping and dinner at Firebird's! It was phenomenal!

On Sunday, we had a mother-daughter tea at The Carolina Inn. It was beautiful and the food was delightful. I personally have never been a fan of hot tea, but I added two lumps of sugar, some creamer, and honey and I think my life has been changed! The food we had was nothing short of amazing as well.

Once my family left after the much needed weekend, I headed over to a local church for Young Life leader placement! For those of you that do not know what Young Life is, it is a ministry that pursues local youth, by letting them be their complete selves and together follow the Lord. This is an experience I have always wanted to be apart of, but have been skeptical. So after much prayer, I was placed on UNC's College Life team! At first, I didn't think I would want College Life, but after hanging out with the team yesterday (who all have been my leaders this school year) I know this is where God wants me to be and I can't wait to love on some freshmen girls!!!


No comments