Reading Lately + Future Read


Good morning!

Today, I am going to be talking about books that I have read so far this summer! Last summer, my job was babysitting a few days a week and my friends were living in their college towns for the summer giving me a lot of free time. It was really nice looking back since I was making a huge move to Chapel Hill that August. It allowed me to be stress free (although I found a way to be stressed about my move)... Anyways, with my free time I picked up reading. Honestly, I had not read a book for pleasure since elementary school. That is kind of embarrassing to admit to say the least. 

During my time last summer, I found reading to be soooo relaxing. I didn't have reports to write on these books or Accelerated Reader goals I had to meet. I was reading at my own pace. Reading became my own personal escape. I read probably 8 books last summer which was phenomenal. 

So far this summer, I have read 5 books, but the summer isn't over yet! I was in summer school the first part of the summer, so I had a slightly later start. So far, I have read "Modern Lovers", "Crazy Rich Asians" (series) by Kevin Kwan, and I read Emily Giffin's latest "All We Ever Wanted" (in three days). Giffin's book was very fast-paced and enjoyable. 

I'll be honest, I started Modern Lovers in November... I did not have a lot of free time during the school year and when I did, reading was the last thing I wanted to do since I had so much for class. Once school ended before summer school, I began to really read the book. Honestly, it was one of the worst books I have read. There seemed to be a lot of hype behind this author given her other book "The Vacationers" which I have not read. 

I have raved about this so much to everyone I have talked to, but I loveeee Crazy Rich Asians. I read all three books within a month. The last one only took me a week to read. I have to say the last one might have been my favorite. They are just so light and funny. There's a few plot twists which kept me on my toes! I can't wait for the movie come August 15th (a Wednesday!!!!!)

Next on my list, is "The Identicals" by Elin Hilderbrand. The book came out last summer, but I believe only hardback was available and since I was just getting into reading I didn't want to full on splurge. But this summer, I HAD to get my hands on it. My mom is currently reading it and I am waiting to steal it back from her! (I was the one who bought it hehe) Even when I made the purchase at Barnes and Noble, the cashier said it was a great book which makes me even more excited to get to it!

No comments